Wednesday, February 21, 2018

Valentine's Fun: Toddler/Baby fun ideas

I can truly say that I have never had the same Valentine’s Day twice, every year is different. This year is no exception and with a new born, I wanted to celebrate all the love in my life with all my favorite boys. First things first though, my son’s school asked all for preschoolers to bring in a decorated tissue box and they were going to have a fun celebration in the classroom.  So, I went to work on the tissue box, I’m not the craftiest girl, so I swung by Michael’s in the hopes I could get some inspiration. Jackpot, Michael's had some great kit, so I bought one and took it home and added my little touches, just some stickers that we got out of McDonald's happy meal after wrapping the box using the inside cover of wrapping paper.

Tissue Box decorated with Michael's box kit and stickers from McDonald's

Tiny rose bush, an excellent teacher Valentine

My son's Montessori guide decorated for Valentine's Day and it was so adorable

Valentine’s Day fell on a Wednesday this year, so getting a sitter would have been challenging in addition to the flu season raging and having a newborn, I figured staying at home would be easiest to have a little fun, baked a heart shaped cake and allowed my 4-year old to add some fun sprinkles to the cake. I also had a small gift (Mr. Potato Head left over from Xmas) for my 4-year-old. I lit a candle as we ate dinner and truly had a simple enjoyable evening.
My son had fun add sprinkles to our heart shaped cake

A small gift for my son and candlelight for me and Dad made our family Valentine's Day complete

SHARE:

No comments

Post a Comment

© Shane's City Mom
Blogger Templates by pipdig